Saturday, October 5, 2013

Lights - Camera - Action

I love movies.  I love all kinds of movies.  So yesterday when a movie producer walked into my restaurant I was thrilled.  She (the producer) was looking for film locations for a movie that's being filmed in Granite City. Not only is it being filmed in my home town it's being filmed in my neighborhood, from the book "Men of Granite"about the actual events of a 1940 basketball championship!

When you're a kid and you hear these and other stories from the "old timers" you're thinking... yeah I know I've heard that before.  But in my mid 20's I really started listening to and appreciating these and other stories - Because after all a movie is just a great story.

This story, that I've heard for years, is bound to make a great story. I'm so glad that I'm around to see it happen.

Now I'll be just one of the many passing on this story of my neighborhood and it's people onto the next generation.

So come on spring 2014 I'm ready for Lights - Camera - Action!  


No comments:

Post a Comment