Thursday, September 12, 2013

It's almost showtime

These last few months have been a whirlwind! Do you ever stop and think... What have I gotten myself into? 

I don't know if this ever happens to you but it seems every time I start a new project, big or small, it always seems to take longer than I had expected, those dreaded unforeseen variables!
More time, more money, more everything!

But there is a light... we're finishing the second floor of the art center just in time for our next production  - "Forbidden Broadway", then we will announce our 2014 season.

One thing I know for sure! I am not doing anymore renovations till after the first of the year AND the next show I direct will not be at the same time as a renovation project!

As things come together the Crow Gallery is nearing completion along with Club 21 (which is near and dear to me.)
Club 21 is a small piano bar nestled within the mezzanine.  It's named for the year the building was constructed.  But the interior came from my aunts bar.  She recently passed and always wanted me to take over her bar.  So I removed key elements and recreated her bar as Club 21.  I think she would be proud!

So even with all of the delays, aggravations and all that jazz... The Alfresco Art Center is coming along nicely.  But if I start talking about the next phase of renovations before the end of the year would someone please remind me...

P.S.  pictures to follow after the show!



No comments:

Post a Comment