Saturday, September 14, 2013

Time to read

I envy people who say that as soon as they lay their head down they're fast asleep.   For me it's either toss and turn and flop around so much that even my dog Daisy looks at me as if, "Really, I'm trying to sleep here", because heaven forbid I disturb her beauty rest.  I jokingly say that the house is Daisy's house and she just lets me live there but deep down that may be true.

Anyway,  I either toss and turn or flip channels till I fall asleep with the remote in my hand then to suddenly drop it as I'm drifting off only to have to start all over again, flip - flop -toss and turn Sigh...

But then again sometimes I read.  There's nothing better that curling up with a good book, that's what I'll do tonight.  Tonight instead of reading one of the many novels collecting dust on the night stand I have 5 scripts to read. I'm researching material for the 2014 season line-up for The Alfresco Art Center.  There's nothing better than getting lost in a great story.

Sometimes when I read I catch myself laughing out loud. Heck, I even laugh out loud in the Hallmark store picking out cards.  Don't you know that's a head turner.  But if its funny-  what else can you do?

So, I hope I find lots of laughs tonight as I read.  I'm looking for some comedies and musical comedies. So here I go...   Act 1 Scene 1

No comments:

Post a Comment