Monday, December 23, 2013

Merry Christmas

Just a tad longer and I'm finished.  Today is cookie day. I'm putting ribbons on the last of the trays. Saturday night was the final performance of our  2013 season with a holiday production of It's a Wonderful Life at The Alfresco Art Center.  What a year it's been!  So many wonderful things have happened. 

I must admit I'm ready for the holiday and year to be over.  The hustle and bustle has worn me to a thread.  Between running the business, producing a show. Time has flown by!

decorating the tea room and the art center I don't have time or the inclination to decorate my home.  The only Christmas decor at my house is my dog Daisy in her holiday sweater. 

Now... I don't want to sound like Scrooge - bah humbug and everything  but I'm soooooo ready for Christmas day.  To most that's the busiest day but for me that's my day of rest.  My Christmas is Christmas Eve with my parents and siblings and theirs kids.  After our celebration I'm on lock down.  I stay home and just relax.  That's the greatest gift for me.  No phones, no deadlines, no nothing- just munchies and great movies.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment