Thursday, December 26, 2013

Wrapping things up!

I've been wrapping things up... both figuratively and literally!

Like on Christmas Eve - "wrapping up" meant just that... I was in a panic trying to gets my gifts wrapped.  Nothing like waiting till the last minute!

And now, today- the day after Christmas, here at the tea room we're wrapping up loose ends getting ready for end of the year stuff.

When I look back on the year, both at the tea room and art center, it has been quite a year!  Handling the day to day operations at both places I sometimes forget all that's really happened in just 12 short months.  I usually only seem to focus on what "still" has to be done instead of how much "has" been done. 

If next year is like this year, it should be (as kid president says) an awesome year!  (If you don't know who kid president is...google him!)

I'm going to make a conscious effort to slow down next year.  I want to enjoy the ride a little more. 

And stress... some things I can control and something things I can't - so I am definitely putting together a game plan to recognize and reduce that!  So if anyone brings unnecessary stress next year you just may hear a quote from my favorite movie.  As Glenda says.. "Be gone!  You have no power here!"

Oh, and one more thing before I wrap this up... "Sometimes you just have to say no" and that's OK!

So as I wrap up this year, I just want to say...THANKS!

Thanks to everyone, and you know who you are, for seeing me through my latest adventure, for having faith, and always believing in me.

That's a wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment