Friday, June 1, 2012

Necessity - The Motherhood of Invention


Well it may not really be a necessity BUT I wanted a pair of red and white polka dotted shoes to wear while I’m at our “Melting Pot Market” or other events where I’ll be promoting my business, books, and other fun stuff.  In the booth that I’ll be setting up I want to try and recreate the look of the homepage to my site. (I’ll put up some pictures after the June 9th Market)

I looked and looked for shoes that would work, but nothing.  My Mom reminded me that she had given me a pair of flats some time ago that would be just the thing.

What? Are you kidding me, I thought, I may have a pair already.  Why can’t I remember them?  So, I ran downstairs to my dressing room and sure enough, there they were, shoved in the back of the rotation line.  I wondered why I had these way, way in the back?

Now I remember – They don’t fit.

Me with my Fred Flintstone feet!  If only they would fit.  So here I am like one of Cinderella’s stepsisters trying to shove my foot it when, I thought, “Why don’t I just cut them up?”






Why not?  If it works great and if it doesn’t what would it hurt.  The shoes already don’t fit and if I have to throw them away that frees up space for a new pair of shoes.

Let the cutting begin.  

After using scissors, knifes, and box cutters this is what I came up with. I realize I shouldn’t be expecting any calls from Nine West wanting to carry my line anytime soon; but I now have what I wanted.
 

3 comments:

  1. Very ingenious! Actually I like them better this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute pair of shoes! You're so smart!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those shoes.

    ReplyDelete