Saturday, August 11, 2012

Freaking myself out

It's that time of the year.  I'm in the planning stages for the haunted house.  As one of the annual fund raisers for Alfresco Productions we turned the old YMCA building into a multi-level fright fest.  This will be our second year.  Like anything else we always try to do it a little different and a little better than the year before. 

Since we promote artistic and cultural events in our community the theme to our haunted house is "movies"  We call it - The Cutting Room.

So, I start pulling ideas to bring to the table for our first meeting with the crew. I'm researching horror films that I think are true horror flicks

I like movies that really scary movies not just gore.  I even like some of the B movies. But it's the triple B's that I'm not a fan of.  When did it become necessary to have copious amounts of bimbos, boobs and blood?

As part of my quest for scary scenes to recreate, I'm pulling clips from you-tube.

This is what I've discovered on that quest.  I totally get spooked when there are creepy little kids - like from The Shining; or when you see a reflection in a window or mirror and then it's gone (Candy Man - Candy Man - Candy Man), or when you hear low guttural sounds as if someone is calling your name - you think you hear something maybe a whisper - then the room turns cold...

OK I think I should probably go watch an MGM musical about now cause I'm kinda freaking myself out.

No comments:

Post a Comment