Thursday, August 9, 2012

One thing leads to another...

It started out innocently enough. I was watching a great movie "Now Voyager" on Turner Classic Movies. I thought, don't I have that movie?  So,  I started looking for my copy. When I get something on my mind, one thing leads to another.  That's why on my days off I may have three or more projects going at the same time; there's a acronym for that - but I like to call it multi-tasking!

My movies aren't in the original cases, I store them in albums.  I cut a portion from title page and put it in the album sleeve so when the disc is removed I know what's missing.  For me,  that works better for storage reasons alone.  I'm one of those people that like things hidden.  That's why my closets are always a mess -but anyway, back to finding the DVD...

I can't find it anywhere.  I know I have it! I  have tons of movies and a gazillion music cd's, two of my favorite things.  Those have always been easy gifts along with cookbooks.  So over the years I've amassed quite a collection of all three.  But of course today I can't find what I want - when I want it!

I searched and searched - finally... I found it. I knew I had it, and of course it was in the last album.
So I thought there has to be an easier way!  I know - let's put them in alphabetical order.  Easy enough I thought.

It's funny how, at least for me, when I'm alphabetizing I have to say the whole thing..  So I've probably sang the abc song 200 hundred times today.

abcdefg...
Hooray there's a light at the end of the tunnel and my movie search will be much easier when I'm finished.  I should probably do the same for my music cds but just thinking of that makes me a little anxious and when that happens I get that bead of sweat on my upper lip.  So, the movies today and maybe the music another time unless of course I start thinking about a certain cd then - well, you know one thing leads to another...
It's gotta be here!

 







No comments:

Post a Comment