Friday, August 31, 2012

Time Flies

It seems like yesterday when my nieces and nephews were born.  My oldest niece now in her thirties has a daughter of her own.  My oldest nephew is in the Navy and just turned 21 - yikes! 

Where has the time gone?  I've always loved spending time with each of them but my window of opportunity was limited.  You see when they were small they could only stay with me when they could tell me what was wrong or what they needed.  I wasn't born the ESP thing that so many women have.  Some of my friends would know exactly what to do as soon as a little one started to cry.  I guess I knew....For me - it was to hand them right back to their parents.

I was the perfect aunt to take them fun places, hang out for a while and then take them home.
The bad part is that the time frame for hanging out with your aunt from the age that they can talk till the age that they think they're too big to hangout with you doesn't seem very long.

I can remember when my oldest nephew (he was 8 at the time) said, Aunt B this isn't very fun.  I was crushed I thought... this was fun 6 months ago!  But now to him he was a big boy! Wow, how time flies.

let the games begin!
Gabby
   Luckily with the girls it's a little longer of a window.  My niece and great niece still like to come over and have a sleepover from time to time. That's just what they did the other night.
While they were tie dying shirts and their finger nails (water marbling) I thought, how many more times will we get to do this?

I even said to them - "I'll hate it when you girls are too big for sleepovers."  Almost in stereo they said "That won't happen!" 



creating the marbeling effect

Emma

                        I hope that's true!






No comments:

Post a Comment