Saturday, July 7, 2012

I like peanut butter on my peanut butter

To say I like peanut butter is an understatement.  I actually devoted one whole chapter in my cookbook to that super food.  Like that chapter reads...
Peanut Butter - To me it's a food group!

There's nothing better than late at night watching a great movie and eating a PBJ with an ice cold glass of milk!

So this cookie certainly will hit that spot!

I'm sure you can use your favorite cookie recipe but this is the one I use


 PBJ Cookies
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
   1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
   1/2 teaspoon baking soda
   1/4 teaspoon salt
   1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
   1/3 cup of butter flavored Crisco
   3 tablespoons milk
   1 egg yolk
   1 teaspoon vanilla
   grape jelly

Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.  Cut in peanut butter and shortening.
Combine milk, egg yolk, and vanilla in a small bowl.  Beat with fork until well blended.  Add to flour mixture.  Beat on low speed with mixer until well blended. Wrap with plastic and refrigerate at least 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Roll dough out on floured surface to about 1/8 inch thick.  Cut with desired cookie cutter.  Place half of the cut out on a greased baking sheet.  Place about 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of jelly on cookie (amount of jelly depends on the size of the cookie).  Top with remaining cookie cut outs.  Press edges together with a fork.  Prick the top of the cookie with a toothpick.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 11 minutes.  Do not overbake.  Remove cookies to rack to cool






You can use any type of cutter that you like.  I think using animal cutters would be really cute

They would look like giant animals crackers for the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment