Monday, July 23, 2012

That's just not right!

What a day!  The temperature keeps climbing with no relief  in sight.  I feel like I should do a rain dance but with my luck it wouldn't rain until Saturday.  So I'm putting it out there now.  Yes we need rain BUT not on Saturday.  Saturday is the Blues Festival that Alfresco Productions (My not for profit for the ARTS) is putting on.

This is the second annual and it should be a hum dinger!  So, today in this sweltering heat I ran around organizing a few things for that along with the regular stuff that I always have to do on Mondays for my restaurant.

I thought it would be neat to have aprons for all of my friends to wear that are helping me with the event.   I found these red aprons with "Made in America" embroidered in blue on the pocket.

Great I thought these are perfect "Made in America"  what's more American than a "Blue Collar Blues and BBQ Festival" - so I bought one for everyone.

I like themed events and I really like aprons - perhaps another obsession like shoes and purses.
I actually know an amazing seamstress named Sandy who makes themed aprons for me all the time -you'll be able to see some of them soon on the Souperwoman page; but for now I'm running short on time so I saw these and bought them.

When I got them home I noticed that the "Made in America" aprons where made in China.  Now that's just not right - talk about an oxymoron -  I knew I should have called Sandy!

No comments:

Post a Comment