Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Maybe not so different

You know how every older generation ( I hate to admit that I'm now the older generation) thinks the kids nowadays are so different that we can't relate. You know how they wear their hair, how they dress  - (OK I'll admit it I DON'T get the whole saggy pants thing either) or even how they spend their time.

We hear on the news about how some kid sat for hours playing an online game and a blood clot formed.  Well I kinda get that, as unfortunate as it is.  I myself can get engrossed in something and become  oblivious to anything else especially time! I'm like a crazy person when I start looking up things on youtube - One thing leads to another and before you know it -it's 3 am and I have to be up in 3 hours.  Why do I do this to myself?

Just like earlier this evening I was talking to my sister Sandy about the Thornbirds - (I love Richard Chamberlain) It started out innocently enough I asked if she had the DVD - she has an amazing collection almost everything except The Thornbirds so I went to amazon - (that was an ordeal - me and my passwords, but that's another story for another time.) I finally purchased it - then I started looking up TV mini series - my all time favorite is Bare Essence but of course it's not on DVD or available at all - OK out there, who ever can make this happen please make this happen!  Almost every single made for TV mini series good or bad is available but this one.  That's a crime!

So I thought - if I can't buy it maybe it's on youtube.
Eureka!!  It's there - great I'll just watch the first part. Well after a marathon of every episode in one single sitting I can barely walk.  As I hobbled to the frig, because what else would I be doing at 3 in  the morning other than raiding the refrigerator, walking like Quasimodo I'm thinking I might as well watch something else sleep is over rated anyway, AND if I go to sleep now I'll never get up on time - so youtube don't fail me now - Maybe I'll watch the original Salem's Lot!



No comments:

Post a Comment