Thursday, December 20, 2012

Baby it's cold outside!

As if I should be surprised that on December 20th it's cold!  Boy oh boy I'm never happy to see winter.   I look back on photos where my sisters and brother and I  built snow forts in the back yard and stayed outside for hours and wonder... how did we do that?  We always looked so happy, laughing and playing - bundled up with red checks and chapped faces. My how things change.  I caught myself today making the craziest looking faces as I tried to maneuver my way through the gusty winds rushing to get to the car. Not a picture that I would want immortalized I'm sure.   It's not that I don't enjoy this time of year.  I love the baking, the music, movies, I even like the snow, as long as I don't have to be out in it!
So I think it's fitting that tonight I bundle up in a fuzzy blanket in front of the fireplace and watch one of my new holiday favorites - "A dog named Christmas" cause as the song says... baby it's cold outside!        

No comments:

Post a Comment