Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas

Today was my family's Christmas; we've always celebrated it on Christmas Eve. Today was just another wonderful day adding to more great memories.  No matter how old I get I'll never be too old to get a kiss from my parents and hear those words... I love you.

These are the moments when I was young I took for granted.  But certainly not now, now even the smallest of things choke me up and sometimes reduce be to a big cry baby like when my dad cracks a joke and I see him really laughing or how my mom always looks beautiful at her age, always classy and impeccably dressed.

Even now thinking about how blessed I am to have my parents with me today - gets to me!  So we've survived what always seems like a rat race getting ready for the day.  I hate to admit it, but sometimes I  dread all of the hustle and bustle; but after today spending time with the ones I love, this is what makes it all worth while.

The wrapping paper has been ripped to shreds and the squeals from my nieces and nephew are now silenced it time to get in my fuzzy zebra jammies for the rest of the night and all day tomorrow and enjoy  back to back movies.  I can't think of a better way to spend Christmas.
Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment