Sunday, December 16, 2012

What a month!

November was going to be my month to kick back and relax; well you what they say about the best laid plans...  What started out as a time to decompress turned into a whirlwind - but what a ride it's been.  An opportunity of a life time presented itself and I found myself negotiating, acquiring and orchestrating the opening of the Alfresco Art Center.  Last night Friday December 14th was our gala opening event.

This past month taught me several things...

  • There aren't enough hours in the day, 
  • I'm really not as young as I used to be so maybe 3 hours of sleep a night isn't enough, 
  • and I am most definitely a stress eater, evident by the many candy wrappers and the smash nutty bar against by face when I woke up.  I could hardly blame Daisy for this one. 
But what I've also learned or maybe just confirmed is dreams really do come true and if you build it they will come!  Just like my business 12 years ago the art center has been a dream of mine forever - as I always say and even wrote about it in my cookbook - we can never dream to big!

So I'll have lots to keep you posted on; the balancing act of running a not for profit and a small business and of course, the never ending saga of... Brenda's battle of the Bulge!

Pictures to follow soon (none of the whole weight gain - can't seem to get it under control thing) but the renovation of the center and everything else, because... Everyday is an adventure!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment