Thursday, December 27, 2012

How Things have changed - Just Sayin

Not that I'm Miss Edict or anything but I have to ask, Is it really necessary when in a public place (like the hospital waiting room) that you have to talk as loud as possible having no regard for the other people in the room?  Inside voices people - please!   I mean really are you so insecure that you have to act like you are the floor show for others amusement?  News flash...  I'm not amused.  

AND I certainly get it that we as a nation, in general, have become casual in our dress. But who in their right mind thinks that wearing fuzzy pajama bottoms and a hoodie should ever be 
OK anywhere other than taking the trash out?

I get the whole be comfortable attitude I am certainly guilty of that but (and maybe it's my age) there are certain places that dictate appropriate attire just out of respect for the place.

Hospitals, Churches, Theaters (not the movie kind)  I remember when I was young (again maybe an age thing) that when we went to any of these places we dressed appropriately.

Just look how the women dressed when my mom was young and the way most women dress now. I know - I know - times change and I'm not saying we as women should be slaves to the old girdle routine (but the maker of Spanx hasn't done too badly so maybe I should) but maybe if we dressed better we would carry ourselves a little better;  myself  included (this could be a profound light bulb moment for me.)  If I dressed up more often than I do now maybe I would realize when things aren't fitting exactly the way they're supposed too.  Stretchy fabrics are very too forgiving  - proof of my expanding waistline.
And no I don't think dressing up and looking pulled together make us less strong and powerful as women.  I'm just afraid we (even me) haven't gotten lazy.  But I swear I've never worn my fuzzy pj's in public!

Now for those that have been annoying me all day with your rude behavior.
  1. You're out of bed so change your clothes.
  2. NO - I really don't want to hear every word you have to say
  3. Pick up your feet when you walk you can't be that tired - I doubt that you are even 20 years old
  4. AND if I hear "ain't" one more time!!   
Just Sayin

No comments:

Post a Comment