Friday, May 4, 2012

My newest addiction

Just what I need another addiction as if chocolate, shoes, and chocolate (oh I already said that) weren’t enough I’m NOW addicted to youtube.  Like any addiction is starts out innocently and before you know it you’re hooked.  I don’t sleep much anyway so staying up to 3 or 4 in the morning watching old shows and performances may not be the smartest thing to do.
 
You know how it begins - you see one thing and then think - I wonder if this is on here, before you know it 3 hours have passed.  Just like last night, Thursdays and Fridays are my late nights at the tea room, we close at 9 so by the time we’re finished with everything it’s 10 or 10:30 then I have to unwind a bit so…. What do I do? I started watching musical clips of Anita O’day then for some strange reason I thought of a made for TV mini series from 1982 called Bare Essence. 

Was I surprised and thrilled - every episode is there, I felt like I had hit the mother load. I had to force myself go to sleep! So I can’t wait for my next day off with nothing to do (which doesn’t happen often) I’m spending the entire day on youtube – a marathon of mini series from the 80’s - Bare Essence, ThornBirds and maybe even the original Salem’s Lot.  But then again I may start watching them tonight right after I close the restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment