Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Really, Is this how it's going to be?

I love shoes and purses; I get that from my mom.  All of my life I’ve had a love affair with accessories.  Like my mom says, “shoes can make an outfit.”  As a little girl I loved clomp-ping around in her high heels.

I honored that love affair when I did bathroom makeover.  I created my dream closet.  A wall full of shoes, rows of purses within reach, and of course “Cher” is close by.  Cher is what I affectionately call a dress form that is heavily adorned with every piece of jewelry that you can think of.  There’s so much glitz dripping from it; it looks like a drag queen, hence the name “Cher.”

I can’t seem to part with my accessories, even if some of my earrings are from the eighties and look like wind chimes.  I’ve always known that no matter what clothing size I wore, which seems to be ever changing, that my accessories would always fit.

This year, like so many times before… I’m trying too lose weight, a never-ending battle for me.  Over the decades I have lost and regained more pounds that care to mention; hopefully this time it’ll be different; it takes me awhile to get my head in the game.

So, this evening as I was getting ready for a City Council meeting I put on a dress that I bought on sale, now - when I bought it – it was too small (Gosh I hope I’m not the only one that buys “maybe one day” wardrobe pieces) and yippee it fit.

I ran around taking Velcro rollers from my hair, applying my lipstick, and slipping on my brown heels.  I ran up the stairs and my foot slipped out.

What? I thought as I tried to walk, and yep my shoes didn’t fit.  So I tried another pair, I even tried putting something in the heel and then the toe, no luck – still slipping. So, I tried another and another and finally the fifth pair fit.

Are you kidding me I thought to myself, feeling like a little girl again trying to walk in my moms heels, I finally lose a couple of pounds and I lose it in my feet!

Really is this how it’s going to be?

All of a sudden reality slapped me in the face… OH NO- my glorious wall of shoes and over half of them no longer fit.  This can’t be happening!  I’ve always had shoes and lots of them.  What’s a girl to do?  After a brief pity party I thought; I can look at this one of two ways.  I can either mourn over the shoes that I’m losing or I can look forward to the shoes I’ll be getting; besides I still have Cher and my wind chime earrings – BUT, if the next place that I lose weight is only in my ear lobes – that might just put me right over the edge!

2 comments:

  1. I have been trying to loose weight and the only place I have lost it is IN MY FEET! I thought I was the only one lololol...good to know I'm in great company - we may not have the hips we want but hey, our feet look great! :)
    congrats on the dress...and yes, I too buy the "maybe one day soon it will fit" sale items lololololol
    Love the new website and blog :)
    Tanja Cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw you at the Elks on Saturday night and you look fantastic!
    Continued success ... Oh and don't sweat the shoes! They'll make more!

    ReplyDelete