Saturday, May 19, 2012

One of THOSE days!


What started out as good day turned quickly to a day that almost causes blood to squirt from my eyes!  What has happened to customer service with companies today? 

It was three o’clock and I should’ve been thinking about wrapping it up for day BUT oh no!  We loose power.  Are you kidding me? We just got over the hailstorm - now this!  What could possibly cause this?  Overloading the grid – boy I hope not or we’re really in trouble come July and August.  So I call to find out when it may be back on… that was my first encounter with costumer service.  Needless to say it didn’t go well. 

Now - I am the first to admit that patience is not my best virtue, but come on!  If I hear one more time “we’re sorry for your inconvenience” without explaining why this continues to happen.  Or, if one more person says “it’s probably a squirrel and it’s not our fault”

 “I’m getting worked up again just thinking about that conversation!”

So, after three unsuccessful calls I decided to go to the art supply store to pick up a few things to finish the illustrations for my children’s book. Maybe that would take my mind off things.

I started feeling a little better. As I gathered some of the items, I couldn’t find the weight of paper that I needed.   I saw a sales associate and asked; her response was a finger pointing in a vague direction and said, “It’s over there.”   

Oh lord, here we go again!

I kept looking till I found what I needed – and oh, by the way, thanks a lot for all of your help.

I stand in line to pay and of course ONE checkout line (that’s another rant)

Finally, the end is near.  I put my items on the counter and wait…  No eye contact, no “Hi, did you find everything you needed?”  No nothing! 

The only thing she said to me was the TOTAL!

I knew then the only safe place for me was home – power or not – because if I encounter one more rude person in the state I was in something ugly was going to happen and my only defense would be temporary insanity.

It’s days like these that make me want to eat something really sweet, salty, or greasy.  After today it may be all three!


No comments:

Post a Comment